Translate

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mech Monday: Mechs Advance

Starting to revive my online presence. And to set that off, I'm starting with a new feature, hopefully ever week, called "Mech Mondays". I've been a fan of the giant robots in one form or another since the first computer game I ever played, back when they came on 7-inch floppies. It was called "Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Revenge" and I loved it.

In the spirit of the epic battles I enjoyed as a kid, I present to you, this epic scene created by Jim Hatama entitled "Mechs Advance".

Mechs Advance by Jim Hatama
http://jimhatama.deviantart.com/art/mechs-advance-275018700
A nice uniform palette that feels gritty and really makes the small bursts of colour stand out. I like that it's not only mechs, but a mixed force, similar to how armor gets used in current battlefields. The level of detail being varied and some atmospheric effects give a good sense of depth as well. There are some parts in the sky and ground that feel a bit too loose or scratchy to me, but it doesn't take away from the overall image. I really do enjoy how it feels like we're at the edge of the front line as it slowly lumbers forward, chaos all around as it does.

If you enjoy this piece, definitely check out the rest of his work at: http://jimhatama.deviantart.com/


Please note: The image in this post is used in accordance with the doctrine of fair use/fair dealing, under the consideration of commentary and criticism. I ensure all images are credited to the creator, link to one or more of their sites and include metadata (when possible) to the same effect. If you are the creator or copyright holder and for whatever reason desire the removal of this image, contact me and I will remove it as soon as I am able. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment